Sunday, February 22, 2015

Minggu 76

On Monday we spent the whole day in preparation and rest.  Elder did spend a little time on the phone visiting with his dad.
Yesterday Elder Kyle flew to Jakarta for MLC.  At noon we headed to the Church building, on the way there we passed ALL 5 of the other missionaries, who were on their bikes riding as a group down Gajah Mada, when you consider the traffic on the streets here that is actually a difficult task, if Elder would have been quicker he would have loved to have gotten a photo of them.  I spent a little time on the computer working on family history which I do some when we have down time or when Elder has things that need to be done at the church and I don't.  I go with him and spend time with that or reading scriptures or other things.  
On Wednesday we met together for district devotional meeting (DDM).  We reviewed the information that was discussed in the Mission Leadership Council in Jakarta yesterday.  After the meeting the sisters went to get them and us some lunch from the restaurant just the next block over, Elder had them get him the Duck and I had the chicken.  He had never tried the duck here for one reason or another, but this was actually very good, the flavor was exceptional, yes he said it was a little greaser than chicken, but he enjoyed it.  It was about 2 or 3 times more expensive there than at the other place they usually go for Padang grilled chicken and rice, and yes of course the duck and chicken came with rice also. 
On Thursday Elder took a taxi to church, so he could be there by 9am.  He was hoping to meet with Vince, to show him how to use the weed-whacker and what he expected him to do for the Church grounds.  He wasn't sure if he would come or not, because after they had agreed to the meeting time, (because it was a holiday (Chinese New Year)) the Institute and Seminary decided to go on an activity to the waterfall south of Binjai.  Vince and Elder had exchanged SMS's the night before, and his interpretation of his response was that he wasn't going to be there.  Sister Imelda wanted the missionaries to go on the activity, but the young missionaries needed to be out working and I am not willing to hike those kinds of hikes anymore, because of my back.  And since Elder knew the hike he knew I would have had a difficult time going with my back, so he decided not to go either.  Since the lawn still needed to be mowed, Elder went just in case Vince was going to come.  Sister Eva came to the building and she swept and cleaned up the clippings from Elder having mowed the lawn.  I had Bro. Manalu take me to the Church about noon.   About 3 Elder got a text that the Elders needed some transportation, because one of their bike was at the shop and because on the way home someone stole Elder Hendro's pack with everything in it (camera, credit card, drivers licence, scriptures and more).  We took the Sisters to go visit Fenny who said she would come to church Sunday.  Many tend to say that just to appease the missionaries and don't really plan on showing up.  In the evening we saw both Harefa families and the Sarumaha family. 
On Friday Bro Manalu was dust moping the chapel and commented to Sister Eva, who was there again, that Pres. Donald was coming this weekend. so she started cleaning and joking about needing to clean the building because Pres Donald was coming.  So Elder had a conversation about the fact that there are many opportunities to clean the building on Saturdays when several of the organizations are assigned to take care of building cleanup. That afternoon we kept Elder Hendro company while Elder Kyle went with Pres. Buyung to an appointment, as Elder Hendro was upset about losing his possessions.  Elder went to Pres. Rico's office, with Pres. Buyung taking him on his motorcycle, to see if they were wanting to go to dinner with us, as he had never responded to any of Elders text messages or to Pres. Donalds email.  They were not in the office, their staff said that they took the holiday off, and would not be in the office until tomorrow.  We got a text from the Donald's saying that they were at their hotel, so we told them we would come pick them up at 6:30 and take them to dinner.  We have a very pleasant dinner at Dr. Koffie (because they have a western style menu, for Sister Donald, whose digestive system will not let her eat Indonesian style foods) with the hope that Edi would be working so we could visit with him, but he had the day off.   
We picked up President and Sister Donald at about 11am and we went to the church so Sister Donald and I could use the car and go with the Sisters on their visits, and Elder Kyle, Hendro, President and Elder went to visit Harto at 11.  The Sisters, Sister Donald and I went to visit one of their invesigators who had just had a baby 10 days ago.  It is about a half hour to an hour drive depending on traffic.  It was a really good visit.  Sister Donald took some pictures but I haven't gotten a copy yet.  We then headed back towards the church but stopped first for some lunch at A & W since Sister Donald can't eat the spicy, hot Indonesian food because of stomach problems.  We also stopped at the store to buy some bread so I had some for the sacrement tomorrow.  I bring it every week right now.  When we got back I started to get ready for English.  I didn't think many would come since it seems the whole week has been one big party.  We ended up with seven students counting the Indonesian missionaries.  There were also two childern at English so Sister Edwards and Sister Donald taught that class.  After ward Sister Donald and I got a taxi and it dropped her off at the hotel and then me off at home.  Elder got home about 9:30 after dropping off the Elders at their home and Pres. Donald at the hotel.  
Sunday Sister Donald came to primary with me since I was by myself again.  Two of the Elders also came in and helped to translate.  They were great with helping the kids understand what I had just read from the lesson.  President and Sister Donald had to leave right after church to catch their flight.  It was a busy 3 hours.  President had alot of interviews to hold.  Since we are a Branch that is not tied to a district or anything, we are under the Mission and President is basicly the acting Stake President.  We do do alot of interviews over skype.  We are a 21/2 hour flight and on a different island from the mission home.  I then taught 4 keyboard lessons after church and then we headed home to rest.  It was a very busy weekend.

No comments: