Well it was a really slow week. Elder went to the church monday for about 5 hours while workers were there trying to make parts of the building more secure after we were robbed a while ago and they fixed the two places in the ceiling where the robbers went through it to get to the locked office. I did my normal monday things like washing and some cleaning and then I made three loaves of banana bread and about a dozen muffins. Most of the time at the places we shop they only have big bunches of bananas that are already priced so that is what you get and it is hard for us to go through all of them before they start going bad. I ended up taking on loaf to District meeting on Friday.
We bought a new book shelf for the Elders house. The one we are replacing is leaning sideways and they use a bottle to make it stay more upright. Elder went over to their house on Wednesday to put it up and on his way home he stopped and got a haircut.
I spent most of the week working on my talk for Sacrament Meeting that I gave today. It was based on a conference talk so that helped and then I had our tutor on our last week help with the translation of the parts of the talk that were not quotes. Since it was in Indonesian I pretty much just read it. I think it went ok. I also spent time working on things for English class and Primary. I never know if or how many children there will be or if we will have our two that don't speak indonesian and just a little English. Also I never know if the Sisters who have been called to help will show up or not.
After District meeting on Friday we ate lunch of course and then we did things at the church and then we were supposed to go with the Sisters to meet with a referral who they have been trying to see. They have spoken to her sons but she works and wasn't home during the day. We didn't have an appointment but were just going to drop by. While we were waiting at the church for them a member (about 24yrs) dropped by with a friend from work to meet the missionaries. We visited with them for a while. The friend spoke pretty good English. She asked about us so we showed her where we live in Arizona on the computer and also some pictures of our family. The people love to look at pictures of our family in America (and Canada). So when the Sisters showed up we decided to stay and talk to this gal since she was here and willing and we didn't even know if the other person would be home. So we basically got to know about her and then the Sisters taught her about the restoration and the Book of Mormon. She committed to read and pray. She couldn't come to church today because she had to work but hopefully next time.
Saturday we met with Ali and his family before English. They are learning but it is slow and hard for them to understand everything because they are being taught in English because they don't know Indonesian and we don't know Persian. The wife is muslim but has lots of questions and is the one who speaks the best English. Ali wants to be baptized but we have to wait for government things to happen first. They have become good friends and want to keep in touch after they finally get to go to another country. We then had English and then went grocery shopping since we were out of almost everything and we wouldn't have another chance until Tuesday.
Our numbers were really low today in Sacrament meeting. We were at about 46. That is not good. We will have to keep working to get them to come. There is a flu type thing going around and I know of at least 6 who weren't there because of that so hopefully next week will be better.
Our daughter Erin and family are moving back to Arizona this weekend. Thank you to our two sons who were able to fly to Houston and help them drive to Arizona and Thank you to our son and his family who were willing to come live in our house for about a year. I am glad you made it back to Canada safely. I have wonderful children and children-in-law and of course the grandchildren. I have truely been blessed by them all. I love you all so very much.
Of course I can't forget my parents and parents-in-law and all of our siblings and siblings-in-law. I appreciate all of your love and support. Thank you and I love you all also.
No comments:
Post a Comment